Monday, February 22, 2016

Fajita Spirals

Yum
I am going to let you in on a little secret...
I couldn't help myself.  It was so warm this past Saturday that I felt like winter could be coming to an end.  So, I marched my winter snow boots down to the basement.  Call me crazy and I know, winter really doesn't let go of it's grip until the end of April when one lives in the Midwest.  But, I feel like this year is going to be different.  After all, the ground hog said an early spring, right?  The unseasonable warm temperatures for February make me feel like celebrating, no matter how long it lasts...which brings me to these spirals of fun.  Fajita spirals are a yummy, little appetizer perfect for any gathering.  They just say celebration!


Fajita spirals are filled with red peppers, green peppers and onions all wrapped into a puff pastry spiral.  Total fiesta going on in your mouth and the best part besides the flavor?  Made in less than 30 minutes and with just 6 ingredients!  Let's get this party started!


You don't even need to spend the time chopping!  Start with a bag of frozen green pepper, red pepper and onion medley!  An explosion of flavors made easily.


Ingredients:
2 Tbsp olive oil
2 cups frozen green pepper, red pepper, onion medley, defrosted
salt and pepper
1 sheet puff pastry, defrosted according to package directions
3/4 cup Mexican cheese blend
nonstick spray
Directions:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Heat 2 Tbsp olive oil in a large skillet.  Add defrosted pepper/onion medley.  Season with salt and pepper.  Cook approximately 4-5 minutes.  Drain the juices.  Roll out the defrosted puff pastry sheet until creases are no longer visible.  Place cooked pepper/onion medley across the surface to 1/2" of all the edges.  Sprinkle the cheese.  Roll up from long end to long end.  Spray a baking sheet with nonstick spray.  Cut log into 1/2" slices.  Lay each slice flat on the prepared baking sheet. Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes.  Serve warm with salsa.


I love those flaky layers of puff pastry combined with the fajita veggies!  It's even better when you have some salsa to dip each spiral into.

Yay!  Let's celebrate, even if it is a short lived Midwestern heat wave!

Celebrate the little things that make life sweet,
Christine


Featured On


No comments:

Post a Comment