Friday, October 16, 2015

Frankenstein Treats

Yum
The wind is howling and the leaves are swirling around.  It is almost like nature knows that Halloween is just over a couple of weeks away.  I don't know about you, but I wait to buy candy for trick or treaters.  If the weather is rotten, trick or treating will be slow and if I have candy in the house, it'll be gone before Halloween!  How about your house?  Does candy disappear before trick or treaters even arrive or does your family have a tremendous amount of willpower?  I'll admit it...we are weak, especially around chocolate!  My secret, don't even have it in the house!  Besides, I can sneak from the candy bowl at work to get my fix.  Ha!  Let's just keep that a secret from the hubby.  There may not be candy in the house, but there are lots of Halloween treats!
Have you seen my 
Sugar Cookie Dough Pumpkin Truffles or Mini Mummy Eclairs?
Super easy treats that are great for now or as a last minute Halloween treat.  
Well, I have another Halloween treat to add to your holiday baking arsenal.


Frankenstein Treats are soooo spoooky!  Ha!
I know, they are actually kind of cute.  Not much scare factor!


Just some green tinted crispy rice treats and some embellishments make these treats hard to resist.


Ingredients:
1 stick unsalted butter (1/2 cup)
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
6 cups mini marshmallows
8 drops green food coloring
5 cups crispy rice cereal
8 ounces Rolo minis
.67 ounce tube of black writing gel
edible candy eyeballs
Directions:
Butter an 8 x 8 square pan.  Over low heat, melt butter in a large saucepan.  Add vanilla extract and marshmallows.  Stir until melted.  Remove from heat.  Add green food coloring and stir until completely combined.  Stir in crispy rice cereal until well coated.  Press firmly into prepared pan.  Cool.  Once completely cool, cut into squares.  Use black writing gel to attach "bolts" (mini rolos) to the side of each square around the middle.  Use the gel to attach the edible eyes and draw hair, a scary mouth and a spooky scar.




I know I had no willpower over these treats!
Frankenstein Treats will put a spell over you and you won't be able to resist them either!

Celebrate the little things that make life sweet,
Christine

Featured On:

For more hauntingly fun Halloween recipes, follow my Halloween board!

No comments:

Post a Comment