Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Creamy Lemon Herb Dressing

Yum
With the sun shining and the birds chirping, I can't help but be excited about Spring.  It just lifts my spirits to see the daffodils making their appearance and the fact that I can leave the house without a jacket!  I say it every year, but each time it seems like winter is a little harder...maybe it's just my age. Anyhow, all the signs of Spring have made an appearance both outside and inside.  My meals are moving away from heavy comfort foods to lighter, fresher meals.  Salads are a must!  I do have some salad dressings in the refrigerator, but love putting together my own dressings.  Check out this...it's so creamy and fresh tasting!


Creamy Lemon Herb Dressing is not only a salad dressing, but a fabulous dip!
So incredibly flavorful!


Made with Greek yogurt and a few spices!


Your very own home-made salad dressing that will keep in the refrigerator for up to a week...if you don't eat it before hand.  Your family may even ask for seconds on the salad!


Ingredients:
1 7 ounce lowfat, plain Greek yogurt
2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
1 tsp dill
1 tsp basil
salt and pepper to taste
1 Tbsp fresh, chopped chives
1/2 Tbsp vinegar
1/3 cup olive oil
Directions:
Mix together Greek yogurt, lemon juice, dill, basil, salt and pepper.  Add the chopped chives and vinegar.  Once combined, slowly whisk in the olive oil.  Serve or refrigerate until ready to use.


I know you will love having a bottle of your very own dressing just waiting for you in the refrigerator!  It's really easy, so give it a try!

If you don't want to miss any recipes,
make sure you sign up to receive recipes directly to your inbox!
You can find me on social media too so we can stay connected!
Everything is just over there on the right!

Celebrate the little things that make life sweet,
Christine


You may also like:

Fruit Salad

Copy Cat Portillo's Chopped Salad

Chicken Caesar Pasta Salad

No comments:

Post a Comment